Monday, February 28, 2011

The safe was left open!

WHY was the Manager walking into my room uninvited? His words chilled me "Ma'am, you left your safe open. Would you please check that nothing is missing?" You know, I'm not sure whether I was more astonished by my carelessness or by his polite request!

I'd been enjoying a leisurely breakfast meeting downstairs over lovely savory pancakes, spiced tea, an irresistable array of cheeses and grapes, and all that with a companion whom it was a delight to have befriended. We spent far longer than we thought we would, having oodles in common and lots of plans for business ventures to foray into together.

By the time I returned to my room I was feeling extremely comfortable in more ways than one. Ah! the housekeeping cart was outside my door and the maid was pottering around in the bathroom - looked like she's only just arrived. Well, I settled into the armchair with the paper when the black-suited, sombre Manager walked in with his startling announcement. The maid must have called him immediately!! Fancy that!

Well I did check the contents of the safe and nothing was missing, BUT I remain highly impressed by how the staff handled the whole thing. Aren't you?

Actually, throughout my brief stay at this hotel, the staff - even from the drivers who met me - had gone out of their way to be extremely helpful and courteous. Their behaviors speak volumes not only about their characters, but also of the training they must have been given. Of course I wrote to compliment their Management - they needed to know that their investment in Training is well worth it!

Would you too like to rest easy knowing that your staff members are selling YOUR brand to perfection? Just call me on 6-03-21697704 and we'll do a gap analysis of where you are and where you'd like to be, and plan how your staff can be trained to get you there!

BRING ME THE BRAND, I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment