Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Gracious Bank Officer

What do you mean the bank account number is wrong! How ever am I going to have the $ traced and retrieved then?!!! OMG! that email was an absolute shocker!

Earlier, the company overseas had requested my payment by a deadline (fair enough) but which was not possible to meet becaue of a stretch of local holidays coming up. So we had been in communication via phone and email to arrange for an extension. Nice! So, after the holidays I hot-footed it to the bank and sent what they wanted via telegraphic transfer. Done and dusted wouldn't you think? All I had to do was await their confirmation of having received the payment.

But noooooooo. The next day the shocking email said they had made a mistake with the account number. Aaaaargh! My payment had gone to cyberspace. Horrors! The last time something similar happened it took weeks and weeks to get the $ back. Did this mean I had to fork out the payment once again while waiting for the retrieval. Sob sob sigh.

Ummmm. Let me try my luck - the officers at this branch have been ever so helpful thus far. "So sorry to trouble you, but here's what has happened - can you help me?" "The $ was already sent yesterday ma'am." Gulp. Then, music to my ears: "Let me see what can be done".

BINGO! A day later it had all worked out without my having to do anyting more; the payment had been retrieved and the company overseas had received their fees too. Wht a relief!!! Thanks to an officer who was willing to be of service beyond normal requirements. :)

Do you encounter annoying problems and have to disappoint your customers sometimes? Would you like my help in devising some ways of serving your customers so that they are delighted and stay loyal and recommend your services too? I'd love to help out - just call me at 6-0321697704.

BRING ME THE BRAND AND I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment