Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hilarously hijacked! Not funny though :(

I was most perplexed! WHAT was I missing? The couple is extremey successful, owning several homes in different countries; the company they are with is rock solid with a fantastic Brand Heritage; but I remained very uncomfortable in their presence without being able to put my finger on it.

Then BINGO! Friends were very interested in knowing more about their products and services, but what I witnessed was horrifyingly insensitive.  Excited by the keen interest my friends had, their promoter go SO carried away that she force-fed them with an overload of information AND literally held them captive by plastering them with products during lunchtime. Sigh!  You should have seen it!  They were ravenously hungry (so was I) and had another appointment to go to, but were stuck in their seats.  I was aghast and helpless.

My friends were too polite to protest - perhaps that was part of the problem; others might have just stormed off.  But they complained afterwards and the promoters reputation was irreparably damaged!  I was in the doghouse too :(

You know, building relationships is terribly multi-faceted as we're all different, but being sensitive and respectful is essential for sustaining those we want to keep.  Sure there are ppl who'll endure anything as long as there is $ to be made, but then again there are others who won't.

It's about the cultural fit - about HOW things are done to please customers and retain them.  Hard selling tactics gain in the short term, but also foster high fallout rates.  I really do believe that sales tactics ought to be the end result of marketing strategies that benefit and retain customers, NOT just to fulfil unrealistic quotas.

Why waste time and resources on damage control? If you'd like me to be a sounding board for a campaign you have in mind, just call me at +603-21697704?  Together we can weigh the pros and cons and plan for how to please the type of customer you want for a particular product or service.

BRING ME THE BRAND, I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment