Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Excuses, excuses - FEAR of Change

"Excuse me, but I have to leave in 15 minutes because the Vice Chancellor is coming to visit my Faculty and I must be there".  He sounded quite distressed, and you know what?  His pained face showed it too :(

I was in a roomful of very experienced lecturers, most of them with Doctorates - provedn experts in their subject matter. ALL of them had voluntarily signed up for the day-long activity in new methods of Teaching and Learning.  My team mate (also with a Doctorate and who is my long time research partner) and I were demonstrating our work with using mobile phones as part of the process of Learning.

Pandemonium reigned during the first part of our program - it was chaotic!  The distinguished lecturers were trying very hard to link mobile phones with Teaching and Learning.  But in less than 30 minutes, would you believe they were thrilled by the chaos?  But WHY you ask?  Well, educators know that 'meaning' comes our of learning something, and chaos is one form of an experience to learn from - well, if we allow it to be, that is.  This roomful of Professors was absolutely delighted that their eyes had been opened to how their students want to learn, and were SO excited about crafting new ways to teach hehehe :)

What about that Professor who said he had to leave?  He never did, and was happily engaging with using his mobile phone in ways he'd never tried before.  SUCCESS! Mission accomplished!

And WHAT does this have to do with building a Brand?  It proves that Marketing (education and awareness) comes before sustainable Sales (transactions) and is essential for building strong relationships with your target audience(s).

Are you having difficulty with selling a good product or service?  It helps if you identify WHO you are marketing to, and HOW they want to buy.  I'd be glad to offer some suggestions - just call me on +603-21697704.

BRING ME THE BRAND AND I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment