Saturday, January 15, 2011

Is it just a sales pitch?

"Hey you called back!!!" She was absolutely delighted to get a sale, and chatted a bit more, asking about my work. "What do you mean by Brand Behaviour?" Jane wanted to know. And WHY did I call her back?

"I'm with the X hotel group now, and they have really good offers" she'd said when Jane called a few weeks prior. But hmmmmmm - Iwasn't ready to decide on getting the membership.

It's been many years since I first bought a hotel privilege card. My family, friends and I have enjoyed good times (including a holiday at a lovely resort) at discounted prices, and the years have taught me to project how to use the cards before deciding which chain to buy into.

This time, chain X had opened a hotel near my office, which meant that it would be a nice place to take my staff and clients to. BUT what values would we get?

One of my foreign principals was in town, staying at one of the hotels in the chain, and I phoned several times as part of our business dealings. The staff were always both courteous and efficient, but hey! you'd expect that from an upmarket brand anyway, wouldn't you?

But what REALLY clinched it was when I called about private meeting facilities and was directed to the Manager in charge. He was soooooooo helpful and went out of his way. Hmmmmm! This I'd like to buy into! And I did, with no regrets.

So how do Brands maintain the quality of their services without Managers breathing down the necks of their staff? It really boils down to 1) identifying the service touch points customers encounter, 2) setting out the standards to be maintained, and 3) measuring those standards against feedback from customers.

Sure, the ways of getting feedback are numerous and the 'mystery shopper' is a good one for ensuring repeat business through high quality Brand Behaviors.

Have you got your service touch points mapped out? This is a fun activity that takes just half a day to do, and brings HUGE rewards! Want me to facilitate a session for you? Just call me at 6-03-21697704 and we're on!

BRING ME THE BRAND AND I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment