Thursday, September 23, 2010

Access to 6,000 new customers in a JIFFY!! :)

His speech was heavily accented and his face showed disbelief as he asked me "Six thousand Koreans are coming here? What for? When?"

Normally his industry (publishing directories) would not have caught my attention, BUT two days earlier Providence had seated me next to a translator who was anticipating the influx of these Koreans. And, she had said "If you know anyone who wants to meet these Koreans, please refer them to me". Bingo! Bingo! Bingo! What on earth were the chances that just 48 hours later I'd meet a man whose business is to list the Korean community in the Klang Valley?

So, there you are, the directory-compiler received a priceless business connection, just because he stated what he was looking for, and the translator I'd met earlier had been equally specific about what connection she was offering! WOW!! What power in word-of-mouth marketing! Can you imagine all the advertising costs the 2 had saved?????

This was yet another reason for me to believe in being focussed and not in chance. Both business owners had been very specific about what would increase their business, and it had paid off for them. They'd left nothing to chance.

You know, a couple of years ago a fellow participant at a huge convention said "I know many people who might be interested in the services you are providing. Tell me what YOU are looking for, and I'll introduce them to you". Guess what? I could not be specific, waffled vaguely and missed out on fantastic opportunities to increase my business through a personal referral. You bet I kicked myself really, really hard! I was sickened and from then on, began to plan what referrals to ask for specifically, according to the background of whom I'm speaking with. It works WELL :)

Would YOU like some help with an elevator or cocktail party pitch to promote your brand and get more business? Call me at 6-03-21697704 and we'll get cracking on spreading your brand through word-of-mouth marketing that is focused.

BRING ME THE BRAND, I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment