Thursday, June 30, 2011

Major cell phone players get a 'mystery shopper'

Oh no! The kiosk isn't there - now what?!!!! My brand N bluetooth headset was acting up and I stopped by my usual friendly service centre only to find their space had been replaced. Hmmmmm WHO would help me? Am virtually crippled without the use of a hands free way to keep in touch with clients.

Aha! I spotted the store of Brand H and asked where the kiosk had gone.  His face was stony -obviously, Iwasn't a potential customer.  "Don't know"; his body language said "don'tcare either".

Across from him I noticed that my Brand N was setting up a new store BUT there was no indication of where its customers could get service before it opened. Not good!

What's this?  Brand I - a major competitor - has a store just a few feet away?  What do I have to lose?  "Hello? Would you please be able able to fix this for me even though it's not your brand?"  You know what?  He was a sweetheart and smilingly sorted the problem out for me and BINGO! I walked away with a functioning headset again.

Hmmmm being a non-techie, getting good service is critically important to me, so guess where I'll be trying ut new purchases?  Yes, that staffer has attracted new business by representing his brand well.  Brand H is one I shall avoid like the plague as customer service doesn't seem to be a priority, and brand N will be getting an earful about not giving customers directions for where else to be serviced when there kiosk moved!

One of the modules in my workshop 'Branding as a Business Strategy' is titled 'Who is telling your Brand's story' and it is about identifying how Brands are perceived to be delivered.  The activities are about ensuring that those who are delivering your brand are attracting repeat business for you.

Would you like my help in identifying how your informal Brand Ambassadors can do more for you?  Call me on +603-21697704 or email evelyn@atheneumgroup.net and we'll chat about it, shall we?

BRING ME THE BRAND AND I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment