Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanks! But actually the smile camouflaged painful tears

Thank you Hafiz of WOW photos! Hey! It's really nice to receive so many compliments about the smiling profile picture on my fan page, but you know, I must confess that it is really the result of Hafiz' skills - I was actually crying at the time. He brought out the best in all the nervous finalists whom he was photographing that day.

Seriously, I was under a LOT of pressure the day of that photo shoot. I had dashed to the session from the hospital where my mother was warded, and was in a hurry to return there at the soonest possible to hear the doctors' assessment of her progress. On top of that, I was hurting very badly too from being coldly replaced by a newer model at work, in an area too close to my heart. I just wanted to be alone to lick my wounds. But no that final rehearsal was mandatory and the shoot went along with it. Sob, sob, the show HAD to go on!

There ARE times in life when everything seems to cave in at the same time, and yet there are people depending on us to deliver what we've promised. Can't let them down, can we? At these times it really helps to have highly professional people around who are so focussed on their task that you can't help but respond to their professionalism - and as you can see for your yourself, your own image bucks up, rises to the challenge, and shines through too :)

These picker-uppers - and I've had a few good ones to rely on over the years - ought to be either lovingly dedicated to your progress OR oblivious to (and therefore unbiased) your dilemma so that they can give clear goal posts. That day no one knew I was crying inside, and that is precisely what helped me through. Many years ago I used to have a wise and friendly couple who cared deeply enough to listen & empathize, and then help me to see the light to achieving my objectives. Friends who love that deeply are treasures! We continue to stay in touch even across the continents.

Perhaps YOU'd like to talk to someone who cares but doesn't know enough to be biased about surmounting an obstacle to delivering your brand the way you want? I'm here for you - just call me at 6-03-21697704 and together we'll get you moving on and up :)

BRING ME THE BRAND AND I'LL INCREASE ITS PROFITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment